- 2 Styrofoam Cones, two different sizes
- Hot Glue
- Wood Chips (Grilling section at True Value)
- PVC pipe fittings, 2 different sizes
- Krylon Fusion for Plastic spray paint (sparkly brown)
- Paint, stain or dye
- Small Star (holiday pick from craft store)
Tutorial:1. Spray PVC pipe fittings. Let dry.
2. Attach pipe fittings to bottom of styrofoam cones with hot glue.
3. Using hot glue and starting at the bottom, glue wood chips around the Styrofoam cone.
4. Continue working upwards in layers. Find the right pieces is like putting together a puzzle. I liked using pieces with bark for texture.
Note: The Weber wood chips were cut on an angle. Gluing the angle and attaching to the cone, made the chip stand out a little.
Note: Thin wood chips can be snapped which is helpful for placing on curved surface.
5. Paint or stain the wood chips and let dry.
6. Add star to top by poking wire into Styrofoam or secure with hot glue. Embellish if desired.
My inspiration was the West Elm seagrass tree but due to a shortage of sea grass in western PA, mine turned out different but not in a bad way…
Simple. Pretty. Natural.
DIY Holiday Highlights Linky Party and Styrofoam Wood Chip Tree Tutorial | DIY Show Off